Thursday, March 27, 2014

Blog Post 3

This week I followed the trail using Google maps and marked all the available parking areas along the way.  I attempted to add some base maps but every time I added the imagery base map ArcMap would close.  The streets basemap however worked so I will continue to work on that map and hopefully find a work around for the aerial basemap.  I will also finish collecting the layers listed in the project proposal so once I collect the GPS points, the map will be ready for the data.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Andrew here. Looks like you have a good grasp of everything. Just wondering how your gps point collection is going. It's been slow for me. I was curious since we have a similar task for our projects.

    Good luck going forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, GPS collection has been slow too due to the snow needing to melt. Thanks to the warm weather though I'm planning on collected most, if not all, points over the break. Hopefully it just won't snow again.

      Delete